The Core Service Protein Production expresses and/or purifies recombinant proteins. Purified proteins may be characterized in terms of basic biochemical or biophysical properties, e.g. molecular weight, monodispersity, folding state and temperature stability. Furthermore, identity is ascertained via immunoblotting and/or with the help of the Core Facility Proteomics by mass spectrometry.
For recombinant expression (up to 10L) in bacterial hosts, typical expression vectors and a number of orbital shakers for different temperatures are available. Recombinant expression of proteins produced in eukaryotic systems is currently carried out in collaboration with the users running eukaryotic tissue culture.
Purification can be carried out by using affinity chromatography or other standard chromatography methods on FPLC systems. For special applications (e.g. peptide or nucleotide characterization or purification), two HPLC systems are available.
Analytical applications available:
- CD spectroscopy (folding state, temperature stability)
- Isothermal titration calorimetry (interaction parameters)
- Light scattering (dispersity, aggregation, molecular weight)
- Proteins for tissue culture applications or screening of compounds
- Preparation of neuronal cell compartments
|Matthias Görlach||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Core Service Manager|
|Sabine Häfner||+49 3641 email@example.com||Technical Assistant|
* incomplete due to Data protection