Every year in Germany, Europe and all over the world the UniStem Day takes place - an educational day for students on the topic of stem cells and stem cell research at institutes and universities.
On March 5, 2021, the European Stem Cell Day - UniStem Day - took place for the sixth time for students of upper secondary biology courses. The Leibniz Institute on Aging (FLI) together with the German Stem Cell Network (GSCN) in Berlin invited students from Thuringia and Berlin.
165 students took advantage of this great offer together with their teachers.
Through short films and lectures and subsequent discussions with the scientists, they gained insights into stem cell research; a dynamic, interdisciplinary field of research. The event was moderated by Dr. Daniel Besser, Executive Director of the GSCN.
All films and short presentations are available online.
- Welcome by the GSCN President Prof. Dr. Hans Schöler (MPI for Molecular Biomedicine, Münster)
- Introductory video about stem cells
- 3 short lectures (approx. 15 min).
- "Stem cells in the clinic", Prof. Dr. Christof Stamm
- "Organoids - mini-organs in research", Dr. Sina Bartfeld
- "Stem cells in use against rare diseases", Prof. Dr. Nico Lachmann