The Blueprint of Life
Matthias Platzer has retired as FLI Group Leader in August 2018.
The research group Genome Analysis with its group leader Matthias Platzer lays its focus on genetic and epigenetic aspects of aging. By means of state-of-the-art methods and tools, the information stored in DNA can be read out and the sequence of millions and millions of DNA building blocks may be determined within a short time. We use these methods to describe the genetic information as well as the processes underpinning e.g. the production of proteins and the alterations of these processes during aging.
We work on the functional and comparative analysis of genomes and transcriptomes of short- and long-lived model organisms in aging research. With clinical partners, we search for genetic and epigenetic variations determining the individual predisposition to healthy aging and complex aging-related diseases.
- Species comparison of liver proteomes reveals links to naked mole-rat longevity and human aging.
Heinze* I, Bens* M, Calzia* E, Holtze S, Dakhovnik O, Sahm A, Kirkpatrick JM, Szafranski K, Romanov N, Sama SN, Holzer K, Singer S, Ermolaeva M, Platzer** M, Hildebrandt** T, Ori** A
BMC Biol 2018, 16(1), 82 * equal contribution, ** co-senior authors
- The microenvironment of naked mole-rat burrows in East Africa
Holtze S, Braude S, Lemma A, Koch R, Morhart M, Szafranski K, Platzer M, Alemayehu F, Goeritz F, Hildebrandt TB
Afr J Ecol 2018, 56(2), 279-89
- 3D Network exploration and visualisation for lifespan data.
Hühne* R, Kessler* V, Fürstberger* A, Kühlwein S, Platzer M, Sühnel J, Lausser L, Kestler HA
BMC Bioinformatics 2018, 19(1), 390 * equal contribution
- The high degree of cystathionine β-synthase (CBS) activation by S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) may explain naked mole-rat's distinct methionine metabolite profile compared to mouse.
Olecka M, Huse K, Platzer M
Geroscience 2018, 40(4), 359-60
- Exploring the basis of naked mole-rat healthspan by characterization of its transsulfuration pathway and hydroxymethylome.
Dissertation 2018, Jena, Germany