The Blueprint of Life
Matthias Platzer has retired as FLI Group Leader in August 2018.
The research group Genome Analysis with its group leader Matthias Platzer lays its focus on genetic and epigenetic aspects of aging. By means of state-of-the-art methods and tools, the information stored in DNA can be read out and the sequence of millions and millions of DNA building blocks may be determined within a short time. We use these methods to describe the genetic information as well as the processes underpinning e.g. the production of proteins and the alterations of these processes during aging.
We work on the functional and comparative analysis of genomes and transcriptomes of short- and long-lived model organisms in aging research. With clinical partners, we search for genetic and epigenetic variations determining the individual predisposition to healthy aging and complex aging-related diseases.
- Analysis of the coding sequences of clownfish reveals molecular convergence in the evolution of lifespan.
Sahm A, Almaida-Pagán P, Bens M, Mutalipassi M, Lucas-Sánchez A, de Costa Ruiz J, Görlach M, Cellerino A
BMC Evol Biol 2019, 19(1), 89
- Transcriptomic alterations during ageing reflect the shift from cancer to degenerative diseases in the elderly.
Aramillo Irizar P, Schäuble S, Esser D, Groth M, Frahm C, Priebe S, Baumgart M, Hartmann N, Marthandan S, Menzel U, Müller J, Schmidt S, Ast V, Caliebe A, König R, Krawczak M, Ristow M, Schuster S, Cellerino A, Diekmann S, Englert C, Hemmerich P, Sühnel J, Guthke R, Witte OW, Platzer M, Ruppin E, Kaleta C
Nat Commun 2018, 9(1), 327
- DNA methylation of the rat Nr3c1 promoter and Igf2/H19 imprinting control regions and alterations after prenatal dexamethason treatment.
Dissertation 2018, Jena, Germany
- Naked mole-rat transcriptome signatures of socially suppressed sexual maturation and links of reproduction to aging.
Bens* M, Szafranski* K, Holtze S, Sahm A, Groth M, Kestler HA, Hildebrandt** TB, Platzer** M
BMC Biol 2018, 16(1), 77 * equal contribution, ** co-senior authors
- Googles DeepVariant: eine Methode für die Medizin- und Bioinformatik?
Fürstberger** A, Platzer** M, Kestler** HA
BIOspektrum 2018, 24(3), 235–235 ** co-corresponding authors