The Blueprint of Life
Matthias Platzer has retired as FLI Group Leader in August 2018.
The research group Genome Analysis with its group leader Matthias Platzer lays its focus on genetic and epigenetic aspects of aging. By means of state-of-the-art methods and tools, the information stored in DNA can be read out and the sequence of millions and millions of DNA building blocks may be determined within a short time. We use these methods to describe the genetic information as well as the processes underpinning e.g. the production of proteins and the alterations of these processes during aging.
We work on the functional and comparative analysis of genomes and transcriptomes of short- and long-lived model organisms in aging research. With clinical partners, we search for genetic and epigenetic variations determining the individual predisposition to healthy aging and complex aging-related diseases.
- Increased longevity due to sexual activity in mole-rats is associated with transcriptional changes in HPA stress axis.
Sahm* A, Platzer M, Koch P, Henning Y, Bens M, Groth M, Burda H, Begall S, Ting S, Goetz M, Van Daele P, Staniszewska M, Klose J, Costa PF, Hoffmann** S, Szafranski** K, Dammann** P
Elife 2021 (epub ahead of print) ** co-senior authors, * corresponding author
- C/EBPβ-LIP induces cancer-type metabolic reprogramming by regulating the let-7 /LIN28B circuit in mice.
Ackermann T, Hartleben* G, Müller* C, Mastrobuoni G, Groth M, Sterken BA, Zaini MA, Youssef SA, Zuidhof HR, Krauss SR, Kortman G, de Haan G, de Bruin A, Wang ZQ, Platzer M, Kempa S, Calkhoven CF
Commun Biol 2019, 2, 208 * equal contribution
- Correction to: A miRNA catalogue and ncRNA annotation of the short-living fish Nothobranchius furzeri.
Baumgart M, Barth E, Savino A, Groth M, Koch P, Petzold A, Arisi I, Platzer M, Marz** M, Cellerino** A
BMC Genomics 2019, 20(1), 898 ** co-corresponding authors
- Mitohormetic effects of rotenone drastically depend on age.
Baumgart* M, Ugolini* M, Groth M, Platzer M, Cellerino A
bioRxiv 2019, https://doi.org/10.1101/528547 * equal contribution
- Comment on 'Naked mole-rat mortality rates defy Gompertzian laws by not increasing with age'.
Dammann* P, Scherag* A, Zak N, Szafranski K, Holtze S, Begall S, Burda H, Kestler HA, Hildebrandt T, Platzer M
Elife 2019, 8 * corresponding author