CF Flow Cytometry (FACS)
The facility carries out sorting and flow cytometric analysis of cells and is available to FLI researchers and external users upon arrangement. In addition, the facility provides the instrumentation for sorting small living organisms (e.g. worms, small fishes) based on an optical sorting criterion.
The instrumentation includes:
- five cell sorters (one in S2 lab)
- five analyzers
- one BioSorter.
The facility staff supports users with:
- the planning and setting up of experiments prior to flow cytometric analysis or sorting
- troubleshooting of technical problems
- complete data analysis or assistance during analysis of complex data sets
- introduction into the basics of flow cytometric analysis and operating of the machines.
- HSC populations/embryonic stem cells
- muscle satellite cells
- interneurons and neuronal reporter cells
- mouse B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes and dendritic cells from lymphoid and non-lymphoid tissues
- GFP-positive cells to maintain genetically modified cells.
- conventional cell stainings (surface, intra-cellular, intra-nuclear)
- DNA content vs. BrdU/EdU
- Annexin V vs. DNA-intercalating dyes
- fluorescent cell signaling mutants
- enzyme complexes via Fluorescent Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET).
Team (incomplete due to Data protection)
|Katrin Schubert||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Core Facility Manager|
|Linda Rothenburger||+49 3641 email@example.com||Research Engineer|
|Björn von Eyß||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Scientific Supervisor|
* incomplete due to Data protection