Aging of Protein Complexes:
The Building Blocks of Our Body
The Research Group “Aging of Protein Complexes” is interested in studying how age and environmental factors affect our organs at the molecular level. The group employs ultra-sensitive approaches allowing the quantification of thousands of proteins in tissues as well as in rare cell populations. The group’s goal is to identify, in an unbiased way, functionally relevant alterations of the proteome that will enable the researchers to understand the mechanisms of organ deterioration that impact on healthy lifespan.
- Mapping protein carboxymethylation sites provides insights into their role in proteostasis and cell proliferation.
Di Sanzo* S, Spengler* K, Leheis A, Kirkpatrick JM, Rändler TL, Baldensperger T, Dau T, Henning C, Parca L, Marx C, Wang ZQ, Glomb MA, Ori** A, Heller** R
Nat Commun 2021, 12(1), 6743 * equal contribution, ** co-senior authors
- Extensive remodeling of the extracellular matrix during aging contributes to age-dependent impairments of muscle stem cell functionality.
Schüler SC, Kirkpatrick* JM, Schmidt* M, Santinha D, Koch P, Di Sanzo S, Cirri E, Hemberg M, Ori** A, von Maltzahn** J
Cell Rep 2021, 35(10), 109223 * equal contribution, ** co-senior authors
- Reduced proteasome activity in the aging brain results in ribosome stoichiometry loss and aggregation.
Kelmer Sacramento* E, Kirkpatrick* JM, Mazzetto* M, Baumgart M, Bartolome A, Di Sanzo S, Caterino C, Sanguanini M, Papaevgeniou N, Lefaki M, Childs D, Bagnoli S, Terzibasi Tozzini E, Di Fraia D, Romanov N, Sudmant PH, Huber W, Chondrogianni N, Vendruscolo M, Cellerino** A, Ori** A
Mol Syst Biol 2020, 16(6), e9596 * equal contribution, ** co-corresponding authors
- Region-Specific Proteome Changes of the Intestinal Epithelium during Aging and Dietary Restriction.
Gebert N, Cheng CW, Kirkpatrick JM, Di Fraia D, Yun J, Schädel P, Pace S, Garside GB, Werz O, Rudolph KL, Jasper H, Yilmaz ÖH, Ori A
Cell Rep 2020, 31(4), 107565
- NUFIP1 is a ribosome receptor for starvation-induced ribophagy.
Wyant* GA, Abu-Remaileh* M, Frenkel EM, Laqtom NN, Dharamdasani V, Lewis CA, Chan SH, Heinze I, Ori** A, Sabatini** DM
Science 2018, 360(6390), 751-8 * equal contribution, ** co-corresponding authors