CS Isotope Laboratory
FLI's isotope lab provides 3 bench places and equipment for typical applications of isotope work such as labeling of biomolecules, hybridization of blots, activity and binding assays and more.
The following equipment is available:
- Gel apparatus, incl. power supplies and gel dryer
- Hybridization ovens
- Thermoblocks, table top and floor centrifuges
- Speed vac
- 4° refrigerator and -20° freezer
- A small TC incubator (no CO2 – please inquire)
- Liquid scintillation counter
- Bring your own: Pipettes, lab coat, goggles – must stay in Isotope Lab.
Bench places and equipment may be booked here.
Radiation Protection Commissioner
+49 3641 65-6305
Compulsory legal requirements to be met before accessing the isotope lab (organize yourself):
- Medical examination according to radiation safety regulations: before starting and once every 12 months thereafter (Contact: Anita Berthold-Adam, phone 6357)
- Radiation protection register number (Contact: Christian Hoischen)
- Personalized dosimeter (Contact: Annerose Gleiche, phone: 6285)
- Radiation safety instruction - before starting and once every 12 months thereafter (Contact: Christian Hoischen)
- Introduction into the isotope lab, just before commencing work (upon appointment; contact: Christian Hoischen)
- NO “guest access” – please inquire.
Booking of bench places and equipment
NO “guest access” – please inquire.
Additional Links and Downloads:
- Download (pdf) FLI Radiation Protection Directive (German only)
- Latest radiation safety instruction in English (pdf) and German (pdf)
- Download (pdf) Radiation Safety Organization at the FLI
Team (incomplete due to Data protection)
|Annerose Gleiche||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Technical Assistant|
|Matthias Görlach||+49 3641 email@example.com||Radiation protection commissioner|
|Christian Hoischen||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Radiation protection commissioner|
* incomplete due to Data protection