The Facility provides next-generation DNA sequencing (NGS) technology to the FLI. External users may also have access to the technology, e.g. upon collaborative arrangements. In addition to sample DNA/RNA quality check, library preparation and sequencing, the facility provides first-pass data processing, data quality check and analysis. A number of pipelines for deeper data analysis are established and available, also via the CF Life Science Computing of the FLI.
Beyond analyzing whole genomes or subfractions thereof (e.g. exomes), NGS is ideally suited to provide insight into fundamental biological processes, such as transcription, translation, DNA methylation, histone modification, protein-nucleic acid interaction and much more.
The Facility operates the following technology platforms:
- Illumina NovaSeq6000
- Illumina NextSeq500
- Illumina MiSeq
- PacBio RSII
- Fluidigm C1 device for single-cell polyA+-RNA/DNA preparation
- 10x Chromium Controller single-cell preparation.
- RNA-seq: sequencing of polyA+/rRNA-RNA for analysis of differentially expressed genes or transcriptome assembly
- SmallRNA-seq: sequencing of small/micro RNAs for expression profiling
- ISO-seq: sequencing of polyA+RNA for transcriptome assembly/transcript isoform discovery
- ART-seq: sequencing of ribosome-bound RNA for translation analysis
- ChIP-seq: sequencing of DNA following chromatin immunoprecipitation to identify protein binding sites
- WES: whole exome sequencing for variant discovery
- WGS: whole genome sequencing for variant discovery or genome assembly
- Amplicon-seq: amplicon sequencing for variant discovery or DNA methylation analysis
- WGBS/RRBS: whole genome/reduced representation bisulfite sequencing for DNA methylation analysis (5mC and/or 5hmC)
|Marco Groth||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Core Facility Manager|
|Martin Bens||+49 3641 email@example.com||Postdoc|
|Ivonne Görlich||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Technical Assistant|
|Cornelia Luge||+49 3641 email@example.com||Technical Assistant|
|Christoph Englert||+49 3641 firstname.lastname@example.org||Scientific Supervisor|
* incomplete due to Data protection