The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated age-related diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new therapeutic approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
In order to support the animal husbandry of mice and fish in the implementation of the tasks in laboratory animal husbandry in accordance with animal welfare, we are looking for a
- Medical care of laboratory animals
- Support of the animal house management with regard to animal health and hygiene status
- Cooperation with Animal Welfare Officers
- Training of animal caretaker in animal welfare relevant topics
- Participation in the Animal Welfare Committee and in various working groups on animal welfare
- Advising research groups with regard to the planning, implementation and documentation of animal experimentation projects
- Support in the preparation of animal testing applications and notifications
- Study of veterinary medicine and vet. med. licensing
- very good written and spoken German and English language skills, as well as very good communication skills
Desirable, but not a prerequisite:
- expertise in laboratory animal husbandry and experience (FELASA B or Modul A qualification)
- knowledge of pathogens and health monitoring programmes in different types of husbandry
We expect a high degree of responsibility and motivation, as well as a positive and independent way of working.
- An international working environment and professional training in a motivated team
- Working contract according to Collective Agreement for Federal States (TV-L), initially limited for 2 years with long-term perspective
- Compensation according to TV-L salary group E14 depending on qualification and experience, attractive occupational pension scheme
Candidates are encouraged to send their detailed application referring to Job ID 20/13 until 15.11.2020.
By Email: email@example.com (one single-pdf-document)
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung - Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI)
Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena