The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The IT Infrastructure department is responsible for the operation of the system infrastructure consisting of Windows and OSX systems and operates at a high level and with state-of-the-art technology. The department works closely with the Core Facility. Life Science Computing, which is responsible, for scientific IT issues. Additionally, it is the point of contact for scientists, technical and administrative personnel.
As soon as possible we are looking for a Head of IT Infrastructure (m/f/d) who will in future challenges support, motivate and develop the team.
Head of IT Infrastructure (m/f/d)
- Responsibility, organization, support and continuous development of the IT infrastructure department
- Planning and supervision of IT projects, e.g. SAP
- Provide advice to the institute’s executive board on strategic and conceptual IT issues
- Structuring of IT processes and development of new IT procedures and processes
- Plan, manage and supervise external IT service partners
- Responsible for acquisition of software and hardware, license management, investment and budget planning
- Coordinate EVB-IT and IT service contracts, define performance specifications
- Comply with and ensure data protection standards, join the task force “DSGVO”, develop disaster recovery measures
- Several years of experience in process or project management experience with SAP projects is desirable
- Experience in the field of system and network administration (Microsoft products)
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills as well as an independent and organized way of working
- Fluent proficiency in English and German
- Degree in computer science, business engineering or a related field
- Vocational training as IT specialist or equivalent with several years of experience in the IT sector
- A motivated team in an international working environment, offering optimal support during the initial training period
- Working contract according to the collective labor agreement of Federal States (TV-L)
- Salary depending on related professional experiences plus an attractive occupational pension (VBL)
- Flexible working times, a family-friendly working environment as well as opportunities for qualifications and training
Candidates are encouraged to send their application referring to Job-ID 1921 until September 30, 2019.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org (one single-pdf-document)
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung—
Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI)
Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena