The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new therapeutic approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
Centrally organized scientific Core Facilities and Services support FLI scientists with state-of-the-art technology platforms (https://www.leibniz-fli.de/research/core-facilities-services/).
The Head of Scientific Infrastructure (m/f/d) coordinates and manages the facilities and is supported by the respective Core Facility Managers and Research Group Leaders. The Head of Scientific Infrastructure (m/f/d) reports directly to the Scientific Director of the FLI.
Within the scope of planning a replacement we are looking for a
Head of Scientific Infrastructure (m/f/d).
- Strategic management of the scientific Core Facilities and Services at FLI (Head of Core)
- Advising the Executive Board on strategic and conceptual questions concerning the development of scientific Core Facilities and Services
- Budget planning and responsibility (personnel, investments and consumables, maintenance and service contracts)
- Implementation of a performance evaluation system for the scientific Core Facilities and Services
- Safeguarding of compliance rules of FLI, incl. observance of rules of Good Scientific Practice for the scientific Core Facilities and Services
- Participation in the planning of construction measures for the scientific Core Facilities and Services
- Scientific study, doctoral degree and several years of relevant professional experience as a researcher or scientific project manager
- Ideally professional experience in scientific service institutions
- Knowledge of relevant procedures and technologies (including "Omics", imaging, technology transfer)
- Leadership and management experience, social competence, negotiation skills and communication skills and an independent and structured way of working
- Knowledge and experience in radiation protection, ideally updated qualifications
- Very good German and English language skills, both in writing and speaking
- Working in an international and state-of-the-art institute of the Leibniz Association
- Employment contract according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L)
- Remuneration in accordance with TV-L pay scale depending on qualifications and experience; company pension scheme
- Flexible working time models, a family-friendly working environment and various further training opportunities
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job ID 20/12) latest by October 15th, 2020.
By Email:jobsleibniz-flide (one single-pdf-document)
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung - Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI)
Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena